Saturday, July 28, 2007

Resting and Sitka's question

I bet you're wondering what we do during the 30 minutes between posts. Here's a picture from earlier.Also, Sitka asked us another question: "So, I have a question for you. Not that I wish your mom had not gotten you and Kat, but why did she decide on Siberians with all of the Shepherd's that she grew up with?"

The decision to get Siberians instead of a GSD was a joint decision between my mom and dad. They started just looking for one dog because Dad has wanted a dog named Steve pretty much forever. Mom wasn't sold on the idea of a dog living in the house, so she thought that a GSD would be too big for in the house. Dad didn't want a lab because he knows too many people who already have them and he wanted something different. Neither one can quite remember how they got started researching Siberians, but once they started, they liked everything they heard about them, except the part about not getting along with cats. Mom read some more that said if a Siberian was raised with a cat from puppy hood, then the dog might do okay with a cat. Dad persuaded Mom that a Siberian wouldn't be bad in the house since they don't smell like other dogs. (I think he didn't mention the shedding.) Then he read that if you have more than one Siberian, they keep each other occupied and out of trouble. And that's how it came to be that they started looking for two! We're going to write more later about how they picked us exactly.

Steve

2 comments:

Kapp pack said...

How lucky you are to have each other.....it was such a relief when Canyon came because now he plays with Sky and I can get my beauty rest.

-Kelsey Ann

Anonymous said...

Thank you Steve for that great answer. I am glad that your mom and dad got you!!! I love the photo of you and Kat passed out!!! I just woke up from a nap myself. Tia is currently bathing. I swear, does Wilber bathe all of the ding dang time???
hugs,
Sitka