Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Big Announcement

Here ye, here ye!
We have a big announcement to make! Our mom has started trying to get involved in Adopt a Husky of Dallas. She's helping plan a big husky picnic for this fall for all huskies in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Anyway, she got an email this week with announcements from the rescue and included in the newsletter was this fact: in June, Adopt a Husky of Dallas had over $4000 in expenses! Now, we're sure that a lot of you who came from rescues know how expensive it is to operate a rescue, but we had no idea!

Now, we were fortunate enough to be adopted from our canine mom into a family who loves us tons and tons, but some huskies aren't that lucky as some of our blogger friends know. So we asked ourselves, "How can we help these huskies in Texas?" We don't have any money since our mom doesn't pay us for working around the house doing things like spreading fur, decorating with toys, and eating peanut butter. So we decided to take a page from Meeshka's book and join up with the Blogathon! We convinced our mom to help us, so now we need your help! If you have any money left after sponsoring Meeshka (and don't forget to sponsor her), please sponsor us too. You can sponsor us at this link.

We will do our best to be entertaining for the 24 hours of Blogathon. We don't have super cool prizes like Meeshka has, but we are brainstorming! It's our first Blogathon and we are super excited!!

Steve and Kat

PS. Even Wilbur is going to help blog during the Blogathon! What a nice kitty!

We're resting up for Blogathon!

17 comments:

Marley said...

That's awesome, you two! Mom wanted to join in the fun with me, but she'll be out of town the week of the blogathon. NO FUN!

I just think you three are the best...and what a helpful Mom you've got.

Licks,
Marls

Sasha said...

Ooh, good luck with the blogathon.
And good luck with the hike! My human's rescue is doing that, and they're making me HIKE.

The Army of Four said...

Woo, you two look really comfy! I kept looking for Wilbur in the picture!
Good luck!
Luv,
Dave

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I'll make my stupid human sign up when she gets home!

The Husky in the Window said...

You two look like you are resting up for this blogathong thing. I will have to get mom's plastic for this. And you convinced Wilbur to help too?
MayaMarie

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Steve and Kat! I am super excited about this and since I already have a blogathon account that mom is not aware of, I will go over and sponsor you two!!! I think it is great your mom is gonna help with a Sibeian Rescue. I wish there was one in our city :(
Hugs,
Sitka

Khady Lynn said...

Oh cool!! We will have such a fun time staying up all night reading you and Meeshka's blogs!! Good thing the human woman doesn't care if I use her money!

Holly

Khady Lynn said...

I sponsored you!!! I can't wait for blogathon! Going to be a great night! I am going to have to watch you and Meeshka and Tucker too! I am so excited!

Holly

Peanut said...

Hey we sponsered you. Rest up because you are going to need it.

IndyPindy said...

Oh, that's so nice of you, good luck!

Marley said...

Hey Steve...I just nominated you for the Rockin' Guy Blogger! Check it out!

Licks,
Marls

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Hey,
This Husky says get lots of rest so you can be 'bright eyed & bushy tailed.' I don't know what that means cuz I am always look like that but I hear mommy saying it. Good luck with your blogathon. I'll check in. Oh Kat, I think you're very wooing-cute, too.
-Cosmos-

The Brat Pack said...

Yay! We'll support you for sure.

Let us know about the picnic and anything we can do. Mom can donate prizes from the store if you're doing auctions or raffles.

Thrawn

IndyPindy said...

Hey, Steve and Kat! I gave you a rockin' guy blogger award, come check it out on my blog!

The Daily Echo said...

Way to go Mom! I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Husky Rescue so it's definately a worthwhile cause. Our Mom has helped MaPaw for 3 years now and feels it's a great way to make a difference.
ECHO

Mud Monster said...

My brother and I have dubbed you Steve to be a rocking dude. Drop by our blog to see what you have to do next.

Quincy & Tristin

Deanna said...

Alright! We pledged!

We wanted to blog this year, too, but it is on our mom's birthday, so no go!