Sunday, July 29, 2007

Baking to Stay Awake

Mom’s getting tired, so we made some homemade dog treats to wake her up. (No, we didn’t let her eat them, we just needed her to do the kitchen work since we don’t have opposable thumbs.) The recipe is called “Goldie’s Peanut Butter and Honey Canine Cookies” and is from the MaPaw Recipes for Rescue cookbook. The recipe was submitted by Kathy’s K-Nine Kitchen. We took some pictures during the baking process.

Here’s the dough after it was mixed.

Here’s me helping. Yes, I really am helping! I have to bark orders and this relaxed position is the best for doing that.

Here are the cookies getting ready to go in the oven. You can see the cookbook there on the left. These cookies were meant to be drop cookies, so they aren’t shaped in a cool dog bone shape, but they were easier for Mom to make, which she said was good since it’s in the middle of the night.

Here are the cookies after they came out of the oven.

Don’t they look delicious? Trust me, they are. I have taste tested them. Mom made a double recipe, so I’m going to send half of the cookies to the first pup to post a comment saying “I love cookies”. I made it easy on you since you’re staying up late with us!

Steve

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.. we are now on our way to DFW to get some of those YUMMY looking cookies.

Steve, you look so tired.

Hugs,
Sitka

Khady Lynn said...

I LOVE COOKIES!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Great Holly! You win! Keep an eye on the mail box!!!

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Holly sure is fast tonight.

We love cookies too so maybe Momma will make us some tomorrow.

T&E

ps. Momma's slowing down. She keeps mispelling words. Must find her some sugar.

Khady Lynn said...

If there is food involved, I am all over it!! And the last cookies we got from Steve and Kat were awesome!!! I am VERY excited! They look sooooo yummy! Thanks you two!! I will anxiously be awaiting the cookies!

Holly
(very excited and fully awake now!)

Anonymous said...

hahah! I totally read over the "I love cookies" line. Wow, my eyes are really going. Tia just looked at mom and yawned. I wonder if that is a secret code or something???

Hugs,
Sitka

WAY to go Holly (and T&E) for actually reading!!!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Yeah, Sitka, we weren't sure if you were trying to win or not. But we knew for sure that Holly was, so she won!

Anonymous said...

well even if I saw it, I would not have said it anyways :) but, honestly, I completely read over it, ha roo!

Kapp pack said...

OOOO....we all have recipes in that book.....2 of us are MaPaw dogs you know...

-Kelsey Ann