Sunday, July 29, 2007

Interview with Mom

A while back several bloggers were interviewing their parents. We never participated in that, but we are going to now. This interview is with our mom. Hopefully it will answer any questions you’ve been wondering about her.

Kat: How are you fairing thus far? We just have three hours to go!

Steve: Can I have a treat?

Valerie (aka Mom): Oh, I’m doing okay as long as I don’t sit down. Steve, I don’t think you need a treat. It’s almost your breakfast time.

Steve: Oh, goodie!

Kat: So during the Blogathon, we have revealed to our readers the fact that you had some other dogs before us. Do you feel like you were adequately prepared?

Valerie (aka Mom): Not really. Those dogs were outside dogs and so I didn’t know the first thing about house training a puppy. I thought I was going to go crazy when I had to get up with you several times every night for weeks on end.

Steve: I think that was only Kat who needed out. Not me.

Valerie (aka Mom): I think it was both of you.

Kat: So what do you do all day when you leave us?

Steve: Yeah, I want to know that too. I don’t appreciate being deserted.

Valerie (aka Mom): I go to work.

Kat: Yeah, but what do you do?

Steve: Great Office Space quote, Kat!

Valerie (aka Mom): I’m an engineer.

Steve: You drive trains? Why didn’t I know that?

Valerie (aka Mom): No, I don’t drive trains. I design and analyze stuff.

Kat: Like what?

Valerie (aka Mom): Airplanes.

Steve: Oh. I’m not sure if that’s as cool as being a train driver.

Kat: Why did you move to Texas?

Valerie (aka Mom): Because that’s where I got a job after college.

Steve: Yeah, but couldn’t you have gotten a job in Siberia? Or at least somewhere where it snows?

Valerie (aka Mom): I don’t think I could have gotten a job in Siberia.

Kat: Like you can never get a job in Siberia?

Valerie (aka Mom): Probably not. But maybe we can move somewhere cooler eventually.

Steve: Tomorrow?

Valerie (aka Mom): No, not tomorrow. Tomorrow I’m going to sleep. Or today. I’m not sure what day it is.

Kat: We better end this interview then. We’re not going to get anything good out of you.

Valerie (aka Mom): Good idea.

Steve: Breakfast time?

10 comments:

Princess Eva and Brice said...

But Steve and Kat, if she hadn't moved to Texas, she wouldn't have found you.

T&E

Anonymous said...

oh you guys... great interview. You managed to get a little out of the mom. It seems as she had something else to do and did not want to give you the info that you really wanted to get into. Ha roo! oh well, at least you got something out of her.
Hugs,
Sitka

Khady Lynn said...

Great interview! Breakfast is sounding very good at this point. But dad is up now so I think we might get our walk soon!!

Holly

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

T&E,
Good point. That would have been bad if we'd had to go to a different home. Chances are we wouldn't have gotten to go together!!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

A walk, Holly? How can you think of walking when you're so tired? Maybe it's just me that's so tired.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Sitka, I don't understand why Mom wants to go to sleep so badly. It's not like she has been up for 24 hours or anything!

Khady Lynn said...

I can always wake up for a walk!!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I don't know what mom's problem is. She better get over it. She said she put her foot down and is going to bed, I beg to differ.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

No, Sitka!! You can't go to bed!

Deanna said...

Hahaha! I'm sorry I didn't get to hang out with you guys! It was moms birthday, and she had a party!