Saturday, July 28, 2007

My red fur.

I bet if I asked any of our faithful readers, you would all say that either I’m a grey and white husky or maybe dilute black and white, which is what my breeder called me. I’m going to let you in on a little secret though. I’m actually a dilute black, white, AND red husky. I know what you’re thinking, “How is that possible?” Well it is totally possible, because I’m proof!

Just take a look at this picture. This is my front leg elbow. My parents have thought in the past that I was bleeding, but no, I just have red fur there. I have a little bit on my hind end as well, but not as much.

I think this red fur comes from my husky dad, Titan. He was one handsome dude. I would look just like him if I was red. Our faces have the same markings, I think.

Also, sometimes if the light shines on Kat's fur just right, you can see a reddish tint to her as well, but she just doesn't have patches of it like me. Now you know some Steve Trivia!

Steve

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness Steve! I never knew you had red in you, ha roo!!! I believe Kat has some brindle color on her back outside part of her legs??? So do I, but my parents and grandparents were not red and white. Wow, huh? Thanks for sharing that interesting tidbit about yourself!!!
Hugs,
Sitka

Kapp pack said...

Red huskies rule!

-Kelsey Ann

Aurora "Roo Roo" Borealis said...

You and your father are handsome!

Khady Lynn said...

I actually have some tannish/red/brow fur by my back legs. I wonder if one of my parents was a red Mal?

Holly

Sky&Ivana said...

Steve,

Your dad sure is one handsome guy. Btw, which kennel is he from? TIA.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

My dad's from Sierra Kennels in east Texas. I'm glad you think he's so handsome!

Steve