Saturday, August 11, 2007

Woo Hoo! Dog Treats!

Mom and Dad don't think Ulee has a very healthy coat right now, so Mom was looking through the dog treat recipe book that we gave her for her birthday and found a couple recipes using blackstrap molasses that is supposed to improve coats. So Mom decided to make some treats for us. First she had to go to a couple stores to find blackstrap molasses. I know that no trouble is too much trouble when it comes to me, so I'm sure she didn't mind.

Then she made the two recipes with the molasses. One had some canned pumpkin in it as well and the other recipe had mint for good breath. Mom also had some bananas that were getting kind of smooshy so she made a third recipe just for me. (Anypup who knows me knows that I go ape for bananas!)

Here's a picture of the treats. Mom used a bunch of different cookie cutters. I mentioned that it could be considered cannibalism for us to eat the dog shaped treats, but I can't say I turned it down when she gave me one.
Here's a video of us trying the treats. (Note: We are not allowed on the ottoman for treats, but since Ulee seems to be afraid of us, she constantly tries to get places where she is really close to Mom or Dad so they can protect her. We also have to wear our leashes around all time time so that when Kat gets in fights with Ulee, Mom and Dad can grab a leash to break them up. No fun.)


Well, I better go see if I can get some more treats out of Mom. Those banana ones are yummy!
Steve

PS. As you can see, Ulee is back from being "fixed". I can't see what they fixed about her. She acts the same as before.

13 comments:

Frankie Girl, Maddie and Domino said...

Steve!
Your Mom made some great looking treats! Yummmmmy
My Mom played the video for me too of the three of you eating those delicious cookies. I am super envious of those banana ones for sure.
Have a great day you three,
XOXOXOXOXO,
Frankie Girl

Tucker said...

That dog cookie looks like a puppy. It's okay to eat puppies, I think. And people eat gingerbread people.

You need to make Ulee not so afraid of you so she'll be easier to chase and play with and stuff. But be careful until she's better from her surgery.

Khady Lynn said...

Your mom makes the best tasting cookies EVER! You are all so lucky to get such home made yummies! Ulee is very cute! I sure hope you all can learn to get along better. It does take some time though.

Holly

Anonymous said...

Woo Woo more cookies! The names of the biscuits sound so yummy. Very good that Ulee sat before getting a treat! Good girl!!

HUGS,
Sitka

Kapp pack said...

yeah, about a year ago my humans told me Canyon was fixed....i still haven't figured out what they fixed....certainly not his brain!

-Kelsey Ann

Amici said...

The treats sure did look yummy! That is good that Ulee can feel protected by being up a little higher. Hopefully in time they'll all start to get along and play freely. :)

Peanut said...

Have you mom send some of those treats my way. :) Oh and tell Kat to be nice to poor Ulee

The Daily Echo said...

Mmmm! Those cookies look YUMMY! Mom said that Molasses stuff is good for ya. She made something called "Satin Balls" for Shyla when she first got here and it had that gooey black stuff in it. Looked awful but sure did smell pretty good!
ECHO

Mike and Mati said...

Cool! Coooookiees. We love cookies, and home made ones too. They look yummy.

And what's this about getting fixed? I never hear about my Dad or other people getting fixed? Why is it that only us quadrupeds get broken. Quite frankly, I think it's a sham by the doctors to run up our bills!

The Husky in the Window said...

Your mom and mine should be neighbors. With all the cooking going on, oh my goodness.
Your cookies look good. I told mom she has to look for the cookbook when she goes out (hope you'all don't mind we want one too).
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Deanna said...

Poor Ulee! Kat, be nice!

The Brat Pack said...

The treats look delish!!

Kat, I totally understand about intruders being in your house. We always seem to have them but then ours never leave. (Not to worry you)

Dot-Spot

IndyPindy said...

How cool! Hey, how does your mom get your treats to come out looking so perfect? My mom made a BUNCH of peanut butter biscuits for me yesterday. They are delicious and don't upset my tummy, but they look, well, homemade.