Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hungry, hungry Steve

Don't let my cute, happy face in this picture fool you. I was having a very bad night last night. I did not get my supper until after 9:00 PM!! I usually get supper at 6:00 PM, so for the math-challenged puppies out there, that means I had to sit in total hunger and starvation for THREE HOURS!!

Mom and Dad came home from work briefly yesterday to let us all out for a bathroom break, then they left again. We barely got any time to play, so we were all very annoyed when we had to go back in our kennels. Mom and Dad apparently had to go to a meeting about Maryland. We will probably be moving there in about a year or maybe a little more, and Mom and Dad's work had a bunch of speakers to talk about everything associated with the moving and the area and such. Guess what? They got food at their meeting. So they were sitting there, eating, and having fun and I was stuck in my crate, starving. I think I should have been invited to the meeting. I'm going to have to move too, after all. I wanted to ask questions about dog parks, if they have PetsMarts there, and if there is snow. I also wanted to make sure there are no doggie obiedience schools in Maryland. But did I get to go to the meeting to ask my intelligent dog-related questions? NO! Dad says that no kids got to go to the meeting, furry or otherwise, so I wasn't being discriminated against.

Well, I just wanted to rant about my starvation. I hope all of you puppies got fed on time last night!
Steve

PS. Mom and Dad say that it's totally unfair because their company will pay the expenses related to moving human children, but not expenses if the children are furry and of the canine or feline persuasion. Turbo, I was wondering if you could take care of this injustice when you become president. Maybe you can get equal rights for all children - human, furry or otherwise. Actually, fur-children should be ranked higher, I think.

19 comments:

The Daily Echo said...

HEY! Maryland is MaPaw territory! You can be one of us! You could come to next year's Hike & Howl! We'll even feed you!
ECHO

The Army of Four said...

Steve: I feel for you, pal! I have a vet appointment at 1:30 today and aren't allowed to eat ANYTHING from 0800 until the appointment. I could STARVE! No cookies, no lunch at 1300, no bananas .... this is so cruel!!!
Who do we see about this?
Play bows,
Zim

Peanut said...

See moving is evil. No food for me or you and hey mom says the army doesn't pay for the expenses of moving 4 legged children either.

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Hi-Woo Steve,
How thoughtless not to feed you until that late - but what can we do but go wif the flow! When mommy & daddy sumtimes have to feed us late, I get to the point that I just don't want to eat. But then, they give me sumthing tasty mixed into my dog food to tempt me so I just can't resist. When you move to Maryland, be sure that the 'puter is packed to go wif you so we can still be blawging buddies.
-Cosmos-

One Little Birdie said...

Yea, more MaPaw buddies! Now if we could only get the Army of 4 to move closer....and Pippa....and Frankie....and Turbo...and all our friends

The Brat Pack said...

WHAT!?!?! You're leaving us?!???? Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonfly said...

Hey Steve, where in Merry Land are you moving? That's where Mom and I lived before we came to Sandy Egg-O. Merry Land is pretty cool; they do have dog parks and PetsMarts and it SNOWS!!! That's the most important part. It gets nice and cold and they have snow. In fact, one year we got 4 FEET! Doesn't do that hardly ever, so I'm glad I was there to experience it. It was awesome. Later, Frodo

Marley said...

That is totally not cool at all. You should really call the ASPCA and report that your parents ahve displayed gross negligence regarding puppy tummies.

Licks,
Marls

Tucker said...

Steve, I can see you are too skinny and being abused. And having to put up with a foster too! (I think she's cute, though.)

I have moved six times. I think it will be better for you because your family is moving too. Mine never came with me. Grrrr.

Ferndoggle said...

That is a total bunch of crap! I have way more toys than most human kids. And my food weighs 10x more. I say we start a global protest!

We'll just keep mailing the giant boxes of poop until they pay for your move! That'll teach 'em.

Sherman

The Husky in the Window said...

A new place sounds great! It will be cooler, real husky weather. I bet you'all like it.
I'm sure your parents didn't mean to make you starve. I bet you got extra treats for being good.
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Mike and Mati said...

Oh ma gosh! What? No food? No play? No meeting? What the heck? How could they indeed! Well, you have to admit, I'm sure your mom and dad would have taken you if they thought they could.

Maryland has plenty of petsmart and stores of the like. Dad didn't take me to doggie school, but he had a ah-hmmmm a "friend" come to the house to help train me. Dogogna! That was no friend! Friend my paw! ...oh, sorry for such language.

As for the snow...well, lately the snow hasn't been so much. We had a couple light snows and well, that just doesn't cut the mustard around here. Mati and I looooooooove being in the cold, and the snow. I think deep down, I'm really a Husky pretending to be a GSD.

We will practically be neighbors. We are about 6 miles from D.C.

Next meeting, put your paw down! (Especially if there's food)!

Ciao (no pun intended)
-Rocky

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Yes, Steve, I will make sure that dogs will have superior rights to all humans!! Just as we deserve!!!

Kapp pack said...

Hey, that would be awesome if you moved to MD. You would be very close to MaPaw and the Hike N' Howl. We would love to get to meet both of you!

-Kelsey Ann

Princess Eva and Brice said...

I would have paid them back for the late supper by waking them up at 3 AM so I could poo.

Tasha

Khady Lynn said...

You are so lucky! There are so many bloggers and Sibernet Sibes in that area! And Queen Meeshka lives there! AND, you will get snow!!

Bummer about the food issue. We never get fed until 9:30 or 10:00 at night, so I know how you feel!

Holly

Anonymous said...

Oh Steve... that was not very nice of the humans to not feed you!!! Ok, if you get to move where there is snow, you have to share. That is they only way I will allow such a move.
Hugs,
Sitka

Kapp pack said...

I tagged you two! Check out my blog for more info!

-Kelsey Ann

Deanna said...

Poor baby!