Tuesday, January 23, 2007

How I Got My Name - By Kat


I have been told that Kat is a silly name for a husky or any dog. I don’t really understand that because it’s spelled with a “k” and not a “c”. Kat is short for my full name which is Katherine Olivia. My dad thought it would be a good idea to name me Kat but he was going to have it be short for Katrina. Mom didn’t like that though because she had a roommate in college named Katrina and they are still friends and Mom didn’t know if her friend would appreciate having a dog named after her. So Mom came up with Katherine. Mom and Dad both like airplanes, and Wilbur is named after Wilbur Wright of the Wright Brothers, inventors of the airplane. They happened to have a sister named Katherine, so Mom thought it would be good for Wilbur, the cat, to also have a sister named Katherine and then they could still call me Kat for short. My middle name is Olivia because it goes good with Oliver and that’s Steve’s middle name. (I’ll let Steve tell you why he has the middle name Oliver.)

Something else that’s funny about my name is that after Mom and Dad had picked out Katherine for me, my Mom found out that her grandma’s grandma was named Katherine. So she thought that was neat because she also has a great-grandfather named Wilbur. I don’t think she has any relatives named Steve though, so he’s the odd-ball. (In more ways that one!)

So that’s how I got my name.

Kat

3 comments:

Deanna said...

My mom used to have a dog named Kitty. Silly silly! Her real name was Kit Kat, because her parents were Chip and Cookie, so all the puppies got candy names.

Khady Lynn said...

Maybe, during the C(un)IA fiasco, you could go by Katie instead. That way there won't be any confusion.

Just kidding, I think Kat is a very cute name, and it fits you.

I got my name because I was found and rescued on Christmas Eve. My human mom originally wanted to name me Evie, but my human dad didn't like that, so they came up with Holly instead.

I am interested in how Steve got his name. That's certainly not the usualy "pet" name!

My human is partial to naming all her "pets" human names too. After all, we are her "children" so why should we have stupid names like Spot, or Fluffy, or Precious, or some other hideous name!

Holly

The Army of Four said...

I'm glad somepuppy else around here has a "people name"!
Luv,
Dave