Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Puppy Games

I invented a new fun game to play with the puppies. Let me first describe the playing field. Mom doesn’t want the puppies to go into the bedroom where there is carpet since they go to the bathroom all over the place. (Disgusting, I know. Cats are so much smarter.) So Dave constructed this barricade in the doorway to the bedroom so that I can still go back and forth between the bedroom and the rest of the house, but the puppies can’t get over the barricade. (They don’t know how to jump. Again, cats are so much smarter.) So what I do is sneak up on the puppies. Then I let them chase me around for a while and then I make a mad dash to the bedroom and jump over the barricade. Then when the puppies are looking longingly over the barricade into the bedroom, I just stick my head up over the barricade so that they will see me and know that I am much more agile and they will never beat me. It’s so much fun. Usually I wait until they are chewing on something and resting on their bed and Mom is taking a break on the couch. Then I go get Steve and Kat all wound up chasing me so that Mom can’t rest because she has to follow them around to make sure they don’t go to the bathroom inside. It’s like a “Buy One, Get One Free” deal. Not only do I torment the puppies, but I torment Mom too at the same time. It’s great. I’m glad I finally figured out how to use these puppies to my advantage.

Wilbur

PS. Here's a picture of me hunting the puppies.

No comments: