Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Steve the Snow Nosed Husky

Yesterday we woke up to find SNOW! It was so awesome. Mom and Dad let us play in the snow in the morning and then again at night because it didn't melt. We have some really funny videos, but we have to get those uploaded. In the meantime, I thought I would tell you a story about Steve and then unveil my latest song. Steve hasn't really ever liked the snow when we've seen it. He doesn't want to roll around and make doggie snow angels with me or even walk in the snow much. So I used to make fun of him for that. I mean, what kind of husky doesn't like snow? A stupid one! Then yesterday, Steve walked in the snow and played a game where he kept his head down and plowed through the snow with his nose. Mom caught this picture of him when we were getting ready to go back inside. So that picture inspired my latest song. I hope you like it.
Kat

Steve the Snow Nosed Husky
By Katherine Olivia

Stevie the snow nosed husky
Had a very snowy nose!
And if you ever saw it
You would even say it's cold!
All of the other huskies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Stevie
Join in any husky games!
Then one snowy winter morn
Steve looked out to say,
"Mom and Dad the ground's so white,
Let's go out and play tonight!"
Oh how the huskies loved him
As they woo-ed out with glee
Stevie the snow nosed husky
You'll be cute for all history!

20 comments:

Marley said...

Kat, you are a delightful songstress. You leave me very inspired! Maybe someday you can write some new lyrics to one of my namesake's songs!

Woo hoo!

I love Steve's nose!

Marls

The Army of Four said...

Oh, Kat! You're SO very clever! I love your new song and I love the picture of Steve the Snow Nosed Husky and I am going to sing your new song ALL day long! :)
Love,
Amber

Thunder, Stormy and the yappitizers. said...

What a clever husky girl woo are. We love the song and the great pikhture of Steve with snow on his nose.

We hope woo had lots of snow fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my dogness, Kat. You are so darn talented!!! I am so impressed by your writing talents and I am happy that Steve finally is enjoying some snow!
Hugs,.
Sitka

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Once again, Miss K(h)at so khaptured the essence of the moment!

She's got khwite the talent for khreatin'

Another khlever female!!

Wags&Wuv,
Khyra

Peanut said...

yeah snow. My mom talked to our grammie and she said it was snowing there also. To bad we can't get any here.

Khady Lynn said...

You are so talented Kat!! That was a great song, and I sang right along with it!

Holly

Peanut said...

Steve
Your parents should be happy you picked the bathroom which probably has tile or something instead of carpet. Geez

Kapp pack said...

Love the song!!!! His snow nose is cute too!

WOo woo, Kelsey Ann

I agree brothers are stupid sometimes!

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Bravo! Bravo! You really know how to put together a great song!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Comet said...

What a great song. Steve looks cute with the glob of snow on his nose.
Comet and BLU

Jack & Moo said...

Great song, and that is one handsome snow-nose on Steve!

Woos & snowy a-rooos,
Star & Jack

The Daily Echo said...

Kat that was brilliant! Do you have an agent? Steve just needed a little time to get used to the glorious, white, glistening, fun stuff that we don't have here in PA. ::sigh::
ECHO

Moco said...

Kat: I shall replace that other Christmas song with this one. You are quite the talent. Steve looks wonderful with snow on his nose. I could send you Foley. He likes to roach in the snow.

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Oh Kat, that was such a good song. By the snow on Steve's nose, it looked like he had a great time in the snow (whatever that is cuz we sure don't have any here!).
-Cosmos & Juneau-

The Brat Pack said...

Kat, you're a genius! We love it!
We're glad Steve finally decided to have snow love...it's too good to miss out on. Good thing you're not still here cuz I don't think we're getting ANY this year.

Bear

Anonymous said...

Great pic and the song is just pawsome!!

River

Kathryn and Ari said...

We're so jealous: both of your precipitation and your song writing skills!

PetraZ said...

No way, I cannot believe that your mom is a Barker. That has to be the coolest name.:-) The husky envelope did come from me via Barkerville. So happy that you are happy!

Franki V
sending human to buy bananas for frozen yogurt treats

Jack & Moo said...

You guys haven't posted for a while, but now I am jealous of Steve's honest-to-goodness snow-nose. All we got is no show snow over here.
Woo is me,
Jack