Friday, April 13, 2007

My babies

Several of you have commented about the huskies lying on the floor in the video of me playing with the yellow ball. Well, those are my babies. Right after we came to live here, Mom went to Target and, of course, she went down the dog aisle. She saw those stuffed huskies and they were on clearance. (Why would two such beautiful stuffed huskies be on clearance? I have no idea.) So she decided to buy one for each of us. The huskies sleep in our crates with us so we have a pillow or something to cuddle with. Every morning, I go into my crate and get my husky out and take it to the living room. Then I go into Steve's crate and get his husky and take it to the living room too. (Steve doesn't take as good of care of his husky.) I like for the huskies to be in the same room as me and I understand that they don't want to spend their days in the crates. I don't really play with the huskies, but I just relocate them to different places in the house throughout the day. Maybe it's my mothering instinct, but I just want them to feel like part of the pack.


Kat

7 comments:

Khady Lynn said...

I too, have that same toy!!! I can only play with it under "supervision" because I might destroy it, and my mom wouldn't like it if I did that. Hello!!!! That's suppose to be part of the fun, isn't it?

You are so adorable!!!!

Holly

Marley said...

I am so jealous of your toys! I had an Odie doll, but I ate him entirely, and I kinda miss him now!

I bet I wouldn't eat a husky doll....

I hope you had lots of fun on your bike ride the other day!

The Brat Pack said...

Hi Guys

We have those Huskies too!

We were writing to check in on you, the storm tonight was REALLY scary and there's a bunch of damage to the house. Let us know you're ok!

Thrawn & The Brat Pack

Anonymous said...

Woo Woo Kat! That stuffed husky looks just like YOU! Super cool. I don't have any stuffed toys I carry around. I destroy them (but it is fun!). My hedgehog that I got for my birthday lived for 2 weeks before I gutted it!
Hugs, Sitka

Sooky said...

I like those stuffed huskys, maybe I can get my mom to buy me one. Not sure how long it would last though as I destroy all of my stuffed toys,Happy Half Year Birthday yesterday, Puppy kisses, Sooky

The Army of Four said...

Oh, KAT! This picture of you made my mom squeal with "oooh, she's so CUTE" sounds. Ha rooo! Thank roo for making my mom so happy. You really are sweet to take such good care of your babies!
Love,
Amber

Luckie Girl said...

Looks like most huskees have that huskee toy! Issit a mascot or something? I think someone needs to make a dachshund toy for us daschies.