Monday, April 23, 2007

Grown Up Puppies

We got to be really grown up this weekend. Friday night was the first night that Mom and Dad have left our kennel doors open at night. Mom said, "Steve and Kat, you don't have to sleep locked up in your kennels any more, but don't go potty in the house or your privileges will be taken away until you earn them back." They didn't give us free reign over the house, but we could sleep anywhere we wanted in their bedroom or their bathroom. Wilbur even got locked out of the bedroom so it was just us, Mom, and Dad. The first night, Kat and I both slept in our kennels anyway, although Kat says she stuck her tail out the door just to make sure it didn't close on her. The next night, I decided to sleep in the bathroom in front of the shower. (That's a great place to sleep in case you haven't tried it.) Kat still slept in her kennel. She's so weird. Even last night when I went back to my shower spot, she went to her kennel. She doesn't really know how to take advantage of freedom.

Now that we are not locked in our kennels at night, we have better ways to wake up our parents. We used to have to just whine and complain until they woke up to let us out. Now we can either lick their faces until they are dripping slobber or jump on the bed and jump on them. It's super fun. I jumped on Mom yesterday and made her lose her breath. Who knew that 40+ pounds of puppy jumping right on a human's chest would hurt them? I hope we don't forget and accidentally potty in the house and lose our privileges!

Steve

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Steve (&Kat), don't you just love the freedom!!! I love sleeping in the bathtub or the bed with my mom and dad (and Tia).
Hugs, Sitka

Wilber, shame that they locked you out of your own bedroom!!! I would pay mom back by taking her beaded shoes hostage!!!
Meows, Tia

Sooky said...

Hi Steve and Kat,
Thats great that you got your freedom. You guys are getting so big especially you Steve. Love the picture.
Puppy Kisses, Sooky

Lisa said...

And I thought 16 pounds of cat was bad in the morning when your bladder is full! Congrats on being let out of the slammer at night! Behave yourselves.

The Brat Pack said...

Very cool that you guys get to roam a little at night! That's a great pic of the two of you too!

The Brat Pack

PS Try double teaming when you jump on them, they'll REALLY like that.

Rosco the wonder mutt said...

Oh boy....you guys sure are growing up fast! Enjoy the freedom...I love to sleep with my mom and dad at night because I can slobber mom's face when I wanna go outside!

Lots of love,
Rosco

Marley said...

Oh WOW Steve...I am super duper jealous! My Mom was reading your blog with me, and she can relate to how YOUR Mom feels with the way I wake her up...but I'm definitely not responsible enough to be a big boy like you yet.

I cannot WAIT to try your bathroom sleepy place when I'm all grown up!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Khady Lynn said...

Sam does the bathtub sleeping constantly!

It's cool that you are being so good outside of your kennels! You are on your way to total house freedom!

Kat, when are you going to grow? You are still so teeny compared to Steve!!

Holly

The Army of Four said...

Ha rooooo! That's what we do at night, too - free reign in the bedroom and bathroom! We don't even have the door on our carrier any more, but us redheads take turns sleeping in it. It's comfy and den-like in there!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: Our mom can't believe how BIG you guys are!! You look great!

Deanna said...

You are getting so big, too!