Sunday, April 1, 2007

Mom's Back!

Mom came home from Atlanta yesterday. She was supposed to get back in the morning, but her flight got messed up, so it was almost 5 PM by the time she got back. Steve and I were going crazy missing her all day! Luckily, Dad surprised us by taking us with him when he went to the airport to get her. We didn’t even know where we were going, but the car stopped and there was Mom, standing there waiting for us! We were really excited. When she got in the car, we tried to climb over the seat and get in her lap! She brought us toys too! She brought me a yellow ball with a daisy on it that she said is cute like me. She brought Steve a monkey with long arms and legs and makes screeching noises. She says it’s silly like Steve. We got to play with them in the car. I went a little crazy with my ball as you can see in this video.

Anyway, before we took Mom home, we swung by the dog park. It was a different dog park than we usually go to, but we wanted to check it out. It was nice, but we sorta got in trouble there. You see, there was a bucket full of water and before Mom and Dad knew what was happening, we had put our whole faces and front parts of our bodies in the bucket. Then we ended up tipping it over and spilling all of the water out and getting mud all over ourselves. So they wouldn’t let us play in the water anymore because we had to dry out to get back in the car to go home. Mom says that she will buy us a swimming pool for the summer, so we are excited!! I will be sure to video that for everyone when it happens.

Kat

8 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Great video! And hey Kat -- were you standing on Steve's head? Ha roo roo roo!
Your mama sure was sweet to bring you new toys! You both look like so much fun!
Tail wags,
Storm

Khady Lynn said...

That was great!! Kat sure liked that ball! We will definitely want to see more video, especially of the monkey Steve got!

I watched your video of Steve yelling at you for the chewy. That was awesome! I laughed and laughed. It reminded me of Sam and the way he is always yelling at everyone when HE wants something.

Holly

Anonymous said...

Woo Woo Steve and Kat! It was a double Sunday.. Mom came home AND you got toys! How awesome is that. I am loving the video!!
Hugs, Sitka

Sophie Brador said...

Wow! Steve is stunning. I couldn't really get a good look at Kat's face, but her skill at destroying the back seat was totally impressive.

The Brat Pack said...

Great video! You guys are crazy!!

Thrawn from The Brat Pack

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Hi Guys! Eva here. Isn't it great when the pack is reunited! When mom or dad come home after they have been gone for a few days, we get all quivery and excited. And Tasha talks alot real LOUD and cries she's so happy! Belly Rubs, Eva

Rosco the wonder mutt said...

I wish my mom would let me do that in the car!! Have you seen my blog lately? I'm strapped in like some kind of animal!

Lots of love,
Rosco

Althea said...

Hey Kat,
Glad to hear your mom is home. My Dad had to go to Denver this week. Hopefully it will be his last trip ever.

I love to put my face in buckets of water too but only up to my eyes. Then I like to shake and get everyone wet. Make sure your mom follows through on the pool. Dad promised me one last summer but I never got it. I need to get to work on him now so we can get one in time for summer.

Later,
Althea