Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Solo Girl

On Sunday, Mom took me to Petco.  That's right, just ME!  Steve had to stay home with Dad.  Mom and I had very important business to take care of at Petco.  We had to go buy a clicker, a treat bag, and some soft, chewy treats.  I bet you're wondering why we needed those specific items.  Well, it's because I'm starting school this week!  Mom and I are going to an agility beginners class starting tomorrow.  I'm very excited.  It's something just us girls are going to do, no Steve, no Dad, no Wilbur!  Mom says I'm going to learn how to do some really cool stuff like jump over things, run through tunnels, walk over teeter-totters, and other stuff.  I'm not sure what I will learn first!


Anyway, back to Petco.  We went down the chewie aisle.  I tried to get Mom to buy me a new Nylabone, but she said I just got a new one in June and didn't already need another one.
Then we went to the treat aisle.  I thought the Meaty Bones on the bottom shelf looked pretty good, but Mom bought something called "Training Treats".  They are tiny, so I guess they are training to be real treats or something.
After the treats, we picked up a clicker and a treat bag and we went to the front to pay.  While waiting in line, I checked out some hamsters, but Mom said "OFF!" and I had to jump off their cage.  Then it was time to check-out.  As you can see, I waited very politely before I told Mom to swipe her plastic card.
I think it was a pretty successful shopping trip.  I will let you know how class goes tomorrow!
Kat

17 comments:

Gucci said...

Ooooh...agility!

Mom and I are thinking of joining Dog Scouts, which involves lotsa agility action. It's kinda tough though because it super conflicts with my boxer meetups.

FYI, training treats are indeed training to be real big treats but itsok coz you'll get a lot more of 'em. Quantity is better than quality...or is it the other way around? Idk...just enjoy those l'il snackies!

xxxoo.
gucci.

Gucci said...

I totally meant,

"WOOOOO...agility!!"


hehe. ;]

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khool!

Girlz night out!!

I khan't wait to hear how well your mom does!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Hey, pretty girl, woo look so good at the store. I wonder if I can find woo there if I get Mom to take me too. And please do be careful at those agility classes, I don't want woo getting hurt.

Woos of luv and kisses and hugs, Thunder

Peanut said...

Mom says she knew you were going to that class. Why she didn't tell me I don't know. Have lots of fun.

Mike and Mati said...

Hi Kat - nice to read your blog again! Shopping trips are always great. I wait until Dad is about to sign the plastic thingy and then pull the leash on him!! hehehe Enjoy your class! Rocky

Anonymous said...

Heya Kat,
Cool drool. Girls shopping trip and girls at class. Shiloh, Shelby, Abby and Jenny are envious. You know this means that you're a special girl. We hope that you do a school report after each class so that we can kinda go to class too. Jack sez that you look pretty cute waiting so nice by the register. We think he's sweet on you.
- TBH

Teddy Westlife said...

Hey Kat, do you think your mum will like those training treats when you give them to her for doing a good job?

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Unknown said...

What a great shopping trip. Booker is always tempted to lift his leg on something in Petco and we have to watch him every single second. There is a sign that says "If your dog pees on it, you own it" and H-Mom is afraid that it will be something BIG and EXPENSIVE!

Puddleglum said...

You are such a good girl!

The training treats may be in training, but they taste just as good as the big 'uns!

The Army of Four said...

It's so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it! What all are you going to train your mom to do?
Tail wags,
Storms

One Little Birdie said...

Mom sure is brave to have a husky learn how to jump over things! That's one thing our mom would not encourage cuz our fence is only 4 foot high. I loved going to obedience school, though. I miss it a lot and the friends that I used to hang out with. Good Luck!

The Beasts- Royal, Brock & Alki said...

woowoo!! brother & sister did agility with mom, they said it was a lot of fun! mom doesnt think Id be very good at it, but she said shes been thinking of trying it out with me soon.

mom says you might want to try natural balance food rolls as treats. they are healthy and soooo tastey, and you can cut them into even smaller sizes (or bigger!!!) so they last longer and doggies dont get full so fast (I tend to get full up quick..). they sell it at petco too!

have fun in agility, cant wait to hear how you like it! :D

*Royal*

Moco said...

You are going to be one busy girl!

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrrr Kat
I hope you have fun going to class Harrrrrr. there are lots of dogs and lots of treats Harrrrr.
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

Princess Eva and Brice said...

I'm so excited for you. Please share all the details.
Brice

My Two Best Friends said...

WOO WOO Kat

We can't wait to hear all about your agility class ! It's so much fun! We love our class! Send Pictures!!

Thor and Marco Polo