Monday, September 24, 2007

Death in the family

Today is a tragic day at our house. Someone has been killed and we had to have a funeral. I can barely hold back my tears as I write this. Mr. Orange Bad Cuz is dead. Dad found him with a giant hole in his side about the size of a nickel. I don't know how it happened. I think he must have been shot in the night. Mr. Orange Bad Cuz was our favorite cuz of all. His squeaker had stopped working, but that made him all the more fun to play with. He made a rattling noise instead of squeaking and we couldn't get enough. Mr. Orange Bad Cuz also enjoyed being thrown around the house so we could chase him. Kat loved playing with him so much that she even fetched with him. We often had fights over who would get to enjoy chasing and chewing on him. But now our dear friend is gone.

Kat and I wanted to keep Mr. Orange Bad Cuz even with the gaping hole in his side. Mom said that we might inadvertently eat parts of him, so now that he is dead, we should let his body rest in peace. So we all gathered around the kitchen trash can and woo-ed about how much we loved him and will miss him.
I asked Mom if we could get another Mr. Orange Bad Cuz, even though I know that the one who just died is not replaceable. Mom told me that we still have three other cuzes, so she thinks we should be able to get by. I don't know. It's a tragic loss for Kat and me.

Rest in peace Mr. Orange Bad Cuz,

Steve

16 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

MY Atomic Orange Xterra feels your pain -

Sorry fur your loss -

Khyra

Maddox said...

Ohhh, where can I get one? So sorry, Steve and Kat!!!

Maddox

Tucker said...

Steve, did you ask Kat?

In my experience, holes don't just happen. If I don't make them, somedoggy else does. And you would have heard a gunshot.

But keep up the innocent act! ::big Husky smile::

The Daily Echo said...

Sorrowful woos of sympathy are being sent your way on this sad day of mourning. Rest in Peace Mr. Orange Bad Cuz. You were a loyal friend.
ECHO

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I see that we need to have a Siberian Scene Investigation! Someone did this to Mr. Cuz and his death must be avenged! I will be right over so we can start the investigation! I am sorry for your loss of Mr. Cuz! WE will do something about it.
Hugs,
Sitka

Khady Lynn said...

Oh Steve and Kat, I am so sorry for the loss of your Orange Bad Cuz! And I think your humans should get you a new one, cuz it's bad luck to only have 3 when there are 2 of you and that means it's off balance. Must be 2 for 2!

Holly

The Husky in the Window said...

On no, they have to get you another orange one. Don't they understand, we do know our colors. I wonder if Wilbur knows what happened? Hum.....
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Sooky said...

Oh, So sorry about your cuz, How awful that someone came in and killed him.
Hope you will get a new one.
Sooky

The Brat Pack said...

Rest in Pieces Mr Orange Bad Cuz. You were a dear friend.

We agree, you need a new one!!!

Kapp pack said...

Heads bowed for a moment of silence. I'm with you on the orange toy thing....if it's orange it's my favorite....maybe if you give your mom the real sad eyes she will replace it for you.

RIP, orange bad cuz

Kisses, Sky

Deanna said...

Poor things! And so unexpected, too!

If your folks like bowling, they can meet me at the Howl-o-ween Bowl October 6. I'll be there in person (in boxer?)! There's a link on my blog if they want to come out and bowl!

Moco said...

What a sad day for all. I hope the villian is caught and punished to the full extent of the law. I know it would not have been Steve or Kat. Remember the good times with Mr. Orange Bad Cuz.

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Oh-Woo-Hoo,
I am so sorry for yur loss. You need to give yur humes the big eyes sos they will buy you another one. Maybe you could hire like, Sherlock Hound, to find the varmint who put a hole in yur Mr. Orange Bad Cuz. He needs to be avenged. Keep us up-to-date on any breaking news.
-Cosmos-

The Army of Four said...

Steve: Our condolences. Do you think it was a drive-by?
Play bows,
Zim

Bama said...

Hmmmm, this is indeed a mystery that needs solving! RIP Mr Cuz.
Let us know if you need any detective work done in FL, if he was a "bad" cuz may the cuzmafia or an international cuzspy ring is involved....
As far as getting a new Mr Bad Cuz, just wait til one of your humans leaves their wallet out, steal the plastic and go online and order you a new one. By the time it's delivered they probably won't send it back, in fact they'll probably think they ordered it themself, then forgot, or it's divine intervention....
Manykisses,
Bama & the RHP

Koda said...

Don't listen to Tucker, it's obvious they used a silencer. There are a lot of crazies out there in the world. At least his death was probably quick and not too painful. Since I moved in someone sneaks in here all the time and rips my poor sisters stuffed animals to shreds. It's just awful.