Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bow Wow Pow Wow

Today we went to the Bow Wow Pow Wow. It was fun, but kind of hot. Mom entered me in the Kissiest Dog Contest. We had to go on stage and judges watched each dog kiss his or her owner. Mom thought I would be great in the contest because I am very kissy. Here's the video so you can see what happened.

Needless to say we didn't win since I did not give her ANY kisses. It was hot and I was grumpy. I wish I had been a little more cooperative though because the dogs who placed in the contest all got enormous bags of treats. That would have been kind of nice.


Kat


PS. Hear all that whining in the video? That's Steve. He hates being apart from me, so he was throwing a fit during the whole time I was waiting in line to go on stage. What can I say, he loves me.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Kat. I see that you had a touch of performance anxiety!! That is ok, it happens to me too. Steve is so funny with all of his whining! Silly pup! You both look sooooooo cute with your bandanas (I almost spelled banananannanas, ha roo). Your mom did a good job!
Hugs,
Sitka

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

YUM!

Did someone ALMOST write bananas!?!

Sorry your weather was hot - ours was GREAT at The Tails on the Trail - at least after the showers and the gale force winds stopped!

Awwwwww Steve - don't have to whine - K(h)at will always khome back to you - you're STEVE!

Wuv to you two,

Khyra who met THE BUTTERS TODAY!!!

Khady Lynn said...

Way to go Kat!! You should NEVER perform when the humans want you too! Good Husky!!

All that whining reminds me of Samuel the way he whines when mom is away from him.

Holly

Maddox said...

Oh we aren't mad! Mom says she is GLAD there aren't any pics of her being silly...Even though I WON THIRD PLACE!!!

Whee!!!

And yes Steve was, just, wow, LOUD!! VERY VERY LOUD!!!! He was so funny!

I hope Kat is all nice and cool and happy now. I sure am.

Maddox

The Army of Four said...

EXCELLENT job, Kat! Like Holly said, you should NEVER perform when the bipeds WANT you to! Really. There's a law against it in the Siberian Code Book. Trust me.
Steve sounds like Dave if Mom let Zim play with somepup other than him. Ha roo roo roo.
Stay cool today!
Tail wags,
Storm

The Brat Pack said...

LOL - that's hilarious although our Mom feels a bit bad for your Mom!! Good job!

Thrawn

Jack & Moo said...

Way to go, Kat, done in true HULA form!
Looks like a fun event!

Woos,
Star

Tucker said...

Nodoggy should be forced to kiss when they don't want to! Look real sad for a day or two and you can get treats anyway.

Moco said...

Kat,
No kisses for Mom- Whatsuuuuuuuuup with that? I guess maybe you will try harder next time knowing the prize.

Deanna said...

Way to humiliate your mom! Good one!

The Beasts- Royal, Brock & Alki said...

HA-WOOO!! Way to embarass mom! Thats my best talent. }:)

*Royal*

Koda said...

Humoms are so silly sometimes. You did the right thing, you can't go on stage and perform on command. It makes the breed look bad.