Friday, July 31, 2009

Eating Contest

Last weekend, Mom took me to the Go Dog Go festival in Kirkland, Washington. Kat stayed home with Dad, so it was pretty exciting to go somewhere, just Mom and me.

There were dogs doing cool tricks with Frisbees. I don't play with Frisbees, but I did sit for a photo in front of the field where the Disc Dogs were doing their tricks.
100_3255
There were lots of booths set up and several people gave me treats, which I always appreciate. Mom and I entered a raffle to win some cool gift baskets, but we didn't win. (I'm okay with that because a lot of the prizes were from grooming places.)

There were several contests going on throughout the day. Mom entered me in the Clean Your Plate contest. The goal was to be the first pup to finish an entire serving of canned food. Mom wasn't paying attention when she entered me and then when the contest started, she realized I had been put in the 55+ pound weight class, even though I'm just 50 pounds. Mom was disappointed that she didn't get me in the correct category because there were only 3 dogs in the category I should have been in, but about 15 dogs in the 55+ category and some were huge! I was glad I was in the 55+ category because that meant the serving was bigger. I mean, look at these plates!
100_3257
I didn't win the contest, but I did clean my plate. Mom didn't get any pictures of me eating because she was too busy making sure I just ate my food and didn't bother any other dogs who were trying to eat their food. Here's a picture of me in front of the contest stage. Don't I look full?
100_3256
On our way out of the festival, we stopped at a booth that had a big pool with balls in it. The goal was for pups to bob for a ball and then you could take the ball home with you. I just stood in the pool, but the people let Mom bob for the ball and we gave it to Kat when we got home. She loves her new ball and was happy we didn't forget about her on our adventure.
Steve

19 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Didn't they have a bob fur khats khontest?

That khould have been LOTS of fun!

Or khlean the khat from your plate?

Maybe woo khould suggest these ideas fur next year!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

FUN!!! CM would have taken all of the balls, lol! But that was really nice you took one home to Kat!
Hugs,
Sitka

Reese =^..^= said...

How fun! I can tell by that great smile, that you had a good time!

The Army of Four said...

What a cool adventure! Isn't one-on-one time great!?? I love it!
Did you get to watch the pups playing Frisbee? I don't play either, but it would be fun to sit and stare.
Close call on those raffle "prizes". Grooming places? What were they THINKING?!?
You were really nice to take something home for Kat.
Play bows,
Zim
PS: I think I'd hork if I ate that much food!

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Haha, so cool, the eating contest?
Next time give me a bark, I'll be right there to compete with you, gosh, Dr. Steve, since you treated me, I have eaten like a pig!

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Such a good brother to take something home to Kat!!

That was a lot of food!!! too bad your mom was contest entry impaired.


Princess Eva

D.K. Wall said...

Sounds like you had a perfect Siberian experience -

- watched Frisbee catching but refused to do mindless human requested tricks

- avoided a grooming experience, even if it was free

- got to eat a larger quantity of food than you were supposed to.

- totally ignored the point of the bobbing contest and just enjoyed the cool water

- took care of your pack by bringing a prize home

A perfect Siberian day.

P.S. - My word of the day is "quitin" So we are quitin now.

Stella said...

What a nice time for just you and your Mom. Now you know what its like to be an only dog!

I couldn't have eaten a whole can of food with other dogs around me.I wouldn't like that. I even go so far as to say, I'd rather have the grooming stuff. BOL!

Kisses,
Stella

Ozzie the OZmonster & Zowie said...

Steve,

What a cool adventure! That sounds like the best day ever. Standing in the pool so that your feety feets get cool is the best. I hear you on the grooming thingies.

Ozzie

Teddy Westlife said...

You look very pleased with yourself Steve. It was nice of you to take something home for Kat. But what about Wilbur?

Huffle Mawson

Jack & Moo said...

Wow, a whole day just with your mom? Furry cool! ;I'm with woo, Steve, I'd take a plate of food meant for 55+lbs any day over a plate of food for 50 & under! ( I think woo won that contest!)

A-roos to ypus!
your brother from another mother, Jack a-roo

the many Bs said...

hey Steve, that sounds like a very fun dog festival. we're sorry that we missed out on that. that eating contest must have been a lot of fun. you got a good meal and that's what counts!

woofs.

Simcha said...

I love days when I get to have my HuMom all to myself!

Sounds like fun esp that canned dog food contest. Never would have won it myself as I am a sloooow eater.

Simcha

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,
That is a really cool adventure that you had with your mom. We would have had a great time there. Shiloh could have entered the clean your plate contest. Did they have a 165+ lb category? Jubal would have dunked for balls. He can hold 3 tennis balls in his mouth at once.
- TBH&K

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What's the point of chasing a silly frisby? I would rather sit and chew it into small pieces:) Hey Steve, good going on the plate cleaning, you did a great job. We wish you had a pic for us of Mom bobbing - that must have been so cool.

Happy weekend, Thunder Dunder

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

sounds like a great day - we dont chase frisbees either - mommy tries really hard but all it does is hit us in the head!!

clean your plate contest - sweetie could wint that in a seocnd - mommy actually is trying to slow her down

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

The Beasts- Royal, Brock & Alki said...

hey we did not see you there!! it was so hot though, we did not stay long. mom wasnt even in the mood to enter any contests, even though we totally couldve won the owner-dog lookalike contest, tricks contest, and I KNOW I'd have won the eating contest!!! but my weight was the last group and mom didnt want to wait. pshhh whatever mom!

anyhooo.. just stopping by to say CONGRATS on placing in the mill creek dog photo contest!! I see Kat got runner up in her category, and steve got first in his!! woooooohoo! cant wait to see what you WON! :D

butt wiggles,
Brock

the many Bs said...

hey kiddos! we just saw that you both won big in the cutest dog contest! congrats! you are famous now and you will probably get some great prizes! pawsome!

woofs

Moco said...

Nothing like a great day out with Mom